This is probably old news but since we don’t want our readers to miss out on this great opportunity, here goes. CN, a low key, specialized movie torrent tracker, is going through another phase of expansion. If you couldn’t get into CN when it rolled out IRC recruitment for a limited period of time about three months back, here’s another chance. The tracker has decided to allow external applications for any user who shares love for movies and social interaction and potential new members are now able to request for a free CN invite via –mail, provided they successfully answer a series of questions set up by the staff.
As you might know, we review BitTorrent sites almost daily and all of our reviews are written by us based on our own experience with a tracker. This post however is an exception – it’s not a review but an announcement. CN has a strict no-publicity policy and it’s not possible to do a fair review of it without breaching tracker rules. However, us not reviewing the site shouldn’t be a reason for our readers to miss out on the ongoing recruitment phase. Thanks to CN staff, our problem is solved.
Thanks to an excellent overview of the site that was sent to us by CN staff team, you do not need to blindly request for an invite without even knowing what this site is all about. You can read it below and the overview should contain enough information as to why you should or should not become a member of CN. Detailed instructions on how to make an invite request are also included.
On the surface CN is a dedicated movies tracker, but peel back the layers and you will notice that it is so much more. Our focus is on all types movies, regardless of language, genre or format.
CN is a tracker that prides itself on striving to be different as well as being quality conscious. It is a community that values social cohesion and interaction with each other. A place where we want hardcore movie lovers and the more casual movie watchers come together to discuss and share their opinions and recommendations on their favorite films.
It is a place that puts file sharing above all; meaning we absolutely encourage seeding and leeching as opposed to buffering and ratio whoring. People with seedboxes and fast connections are always welcome to help boost overall speed, but those who do not have either, need not be intimidated. A fast connection is certainly not a requirement to "survive" at CN.
While CN does maintain a somewhat strict inactivity policy, we feel it is only fair and reasonable, as CN is a place where every member should play their part and contribute to the community and tracker. If you have no intentions of doing so, then simply put, CN is not for you. Most of the disabled users you see on the site statistics are due to inactivity.
Together with a unique and comprehensive promotion system which requires all-rounded site activity to advance and a simple but brilliant seeding and bonus system that doesn’t exist elsewhere, maintaining a ratio is not a problem for even the user with the slowest connection.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for an extremely tight-knit community, unique tracker features found nowhere else, enjoy and love movies, are willing to play a role in achieving something bigger than yourself, CN is the place for you.
Interested Applicants please fill up this questionnaire and PM the answers to cn.interview.channel[at]gmail.com. It is best to be truthful with all answers as we have ways of verifying whether it is accurate or not.
- What have you heard about CN and why do you want to join?
- How old are you and which part of the world are you from?
- List your home IP and any other IPs you usually access trackers with (work IP, seedbox IP).
- How many movies a week do you watch on average?
- What are some of your favourite movie genres?
- What are your personal top 5 films of all time? Elaborate why?
- How big is your movie collection? (Digitally and Physically).
- How many movies are you seeding on your torrent client right now?
- How long do you usually seed your movie torrents on average?
- Do you upload and/or encode movies?
- Provide me with all your movie tracker profiles.
- Additional profiles of your most used trackers would also help. (At least 4 profiles are preferred, more would be better of course).
- Name one site that you would like to be a member of and reasons why. Excluding CN of course.
- What are your views on account /invites trading?
- Have you ever traded before? If so, when was your last trade?
- What are you looking for in a good movie tracker/community?
- What will you be able to offer CN in terms of tracker and community?
- Please provide your email address for invite to be sent to. Gmail is preferred.
If you have been accepted, you will find an invite in your email inbox. Be sure to check junk mail just in case. Please give us up to 1 week to process applications. If you do not find an invite after a week, you have probably been rejected. Good luck to all!
Before you make that invite request, there is a couple more things you should know. All questions need to be answered and answers should be in English. If you do not possess basic English communication skills, please do not apply. Also note that when tracker profiles are asked, they WILL expect tracker profiles and not screenshots. Good Luck!
Special thanks to CN staff team for the heads up and all the information provided.