FaceGen Modeller can be quite an addictive application if you get used to it. It does exactly what its name suggests; generate human faces! It even allows you to modify faces from your own photographs.
- Instant, realistic face creation:
- Generate realistic faces at random for any race, gender and adult age group.
- Easily create faces from one or more photographs.
- Over 50 symmetric and 25 asymmetric shape controls.
- Over 30 coloring (texture) controls.
- Quickly shape faces to match almost any adult human face.
- Apply detailed skin textures.
- Flexible import options:
- Match faces to your photographs.
- Bring in your own head mesh and hairstyle models using the FaceGen Customizer.
- Import your own texture images onto any object.
- Flexible export options:
- Apply your face to any of our hi-res, med-res and lo-res meshes.
- Or apply your face to your own mesh and UV layout using the FaceGen Customizer.
- Save your faces in the FaceGen FG format and apply them later to any mesh.
- Export models to 3DS, Maya ASCII (ma), Lightwave 6 (LWO), OBJ, XSI, VRML1, VRML97 and STL.
- Export texture maps to BMP, JPEG, TGA and TIFF.
- Transform the coordinate system of your exports.
- Instant Animatability:
- Comes with 36 expressions, phonemes and modifiers.
- Blendshapes appear automatically in Maya.
- Endomorphs appear automatically in Lightwave and are easily hooked up in MotionBuilder or any other application that reads LWO files.
- Morph targets appear automatically in Softimage 3D and XSI.
- Morph targets are batch exported in a single command for users of Max (via OBJ or 3DS), and for any other application that reads OBJ, 3DS, VRML1/97 or STL.
- Animation morphs are mesh-specific and are not included with some of the add-on meshes.
Read comments for more information.