WinRAR is a compression and archive utility for Windows. It supports a vast array of compression formats including (but not limited to) .RAR, 7-Zip and Zip. RAR file format supports better compression ratio than Zip formats and have gained huge popularity during recent times.
Supported file types and features
- Complete support for RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7z and Z archives.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct even damaged archives.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 128-bit key.
Read comments for more information.