There are already quite a few specialized movie torrent trackers around with the likes of PTN, PTP, Goem, Tehconnection, etc. Todays post is about yet another movie torrent tracker, a lesser known site amongst the English speaking community. RuHD is a private torrent sites of Russian origin and it specializes in high quality movies (and a limited number of HQ TV shows). Reason for our use of the term ‘high quality’ is because this tracker does not index regular DVDRip/R5 DVD or lesser quality video encodes. It primarily tracks untouched DVD5, DVD9, HD Remux and 720p/1080p HDRip release with excellent video quality. Just like the recently featured UnionGang tracker, RuHD is one of the first sites to upload leaked content for region 5 i.e. R5 DVD releases by Russian groups such as ELEKTRIKA.
Although we are not quite sure about the origins of this tracker, RuHD seems to have been online for several years. Some of the older torrents uploaded date back to 2008 which is three years ago. The total number of active indexed releases on RuHD is around 330. It surely could not have survived for three years with just 300 odd torrents – either there were more and they suffered from a data loss or they are recovering from such an incident. If anyone knows the back story of this tracker, feel free to share it in comments below. However, the number of new daily uploads seems to be on the low site. For the month of February, there have only been 30 new torrents added.
As for the content, RuHD is primarily a movies only tracker. Available torrent categories include DVD5, DVD9, HD Remux, HDRip 1080p, HDRip 720p, HQ Video and Serials. A limited number of TV shows are listed under the ‘Serials’ category. Some of the shows and films indexed have only Russian audio (them being region 5 releases) – if yo uare looking for English content, check the Language in torrent description page before downloading. Note that lower quality encodes are not indexed on this tracker. Everything has at least DVD5 or Blu Ray video quality. A screenshot of the torrent index can be seen below:
RuHD is a Russian tracker and by default ,the site interface is in Russian language. There is an option to change it to English (through the profile page – /my.php) however translation is not done for some parts of the site so we recommend you use Google Chrome’s built in translator for this purpose.
How to translate RuHD to English with Google Chrome
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome browser from here.
- Visit RuHD homepage through this link: http://ruhd.org/
- Once the page is done loading, Google Chrome will automatically display several translation options (the message will be displayed just beneath the address bar – you can’t miss it).
- Choose the auto detected settings (should be Russian to English) and hit translate. If you get the message ‘Translation failed due to server error’ keep re-trying.
- Once translation of the first page is done, you can configure Google Chrome so that it automatically translates all RuHD pages without prompting you. Select the ‘Options’ button (in the translation help popup) and select ‘Always translate Russian to English’ from the drop down menu.
Registrations for RuHD are currently open. You can sign up for an account and browse the torrent index using links below. It’s not the largest movie tracker out there but it’s a decent enough site to have an account on.
If you liked this site you may also like: