Judging by the positive responses we’ve received for our previous articles about comic book download sites and torrent trackers, it’s obvious that were have a lot of comics fans amongst our readership. If you are one of them, ComixoPolis might interest you. ComixoPolis can be called a hybrid of a release blog and a DDL forum which indexes full comic book series downloads. The site is fairly new but it already boasts a decent comics collection with issues ranging from 1988 to 2010. Having it’s roots in Russia, this isn’t a site that’s well known to the English speaking community. However, ComixoPolis does have a separate section for English comics (which is rich with content), making it a blog that’s worth visiting by any comics fan.
Having been online since September 2010, CoP is only about 4 months old. Site staff have posted over 200 articles during this period. This does not necessarily mean CoP only covers 200 comic book issues – it’s in fact much more than that. Most of the posts on this site cover multiple issues of a certain comic book series. For example, there was one article about a Spiderman comic which covered 133 issues plus annual specials all combined under a single post.
As we said above, ComixoPolis is a site based in Russia. Its default interface language is Russian and this is probably the reason why this forum is not so well known amongst English speaking crowd. However, the language woes can easily be solved using Google Chrome web browser (see end of post for a step by step guide). As for the content, CoP indexes comics in both Russian and English languages. English only releases can easily be filtered using the ‘Comics in English’ link/category in top toolbar.
While CoP primarily functions as a release blog, some of its aspects resemble that of a DDL forum. Verified, live download links to featured comics are available in each post but for someone to see them, they need to be registered and logged in. Registration is free and the site is currently open for signup.
How to translate ComixOPolis to English with Google Chrome
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome browser from here.
- Visit CoP forum homepage through this link: http://comixopolis.com
- Once the page is done loading, Google Chrome will automatically display several translation options (the message will be displayed just beneath the address bar – you can’t miss it).
- Choose the auto detected settings (should be Russian to English) and hit translate. If you get the message ‘Translation failed due to server error’ keep re-trying.
- Once translation of the first page is done, you can configure Google Chrome so that it automatically translates all UnionGang pages without prompting you. Select the ‘Options’ button (in the translation help popup) and select ‘Always translate Russian to English’ from the drop down menu.
More sites to download comics:
Software to open popular comic book archive formats: