After a series of posts about smaller, niche private torrent trackers, we return to large general torrent sites that everyone seems to be so fond of. The tracked being featured today is of Russian origin - Russians are no strangers to piracy and they certainly know their game when it comes to private torrent trackers (the world’s largest’ private tracker, RuTracker, has its roots in Russia). UnionGang is another BitTorrent tracker from this very same country – it’s not as large as RuTracker but it’s still a decently sized private tracker by any standards. UG is a general torrent site which indexes everything ranging from music, games to TV shows but it’s better known for its movie repository which includes releases of varying quality ranging from DVDRs to BRRips. UG is also one of the first sites to upload leaked regional content i.e. R5 DVD releases by groups such as ELEKTRIKA.
With an Alexa ranking just under 29000, UnionGang is one of the more frequently visited sites in the BitTorrent scene. It’s popular among the Russian BT community but it’s not a huge hit in the English speaking world. This makes no sense as there is a ton of English content indexed on UG, not just localized, regional releases. True, the interface is all in Russian but this is easily fixed with the help of Google Chrome’s inbuilt translation tool (see below for instructions) or using a web based translation service. At time of this post, UG tracked over 4500 active torrents.
UnionGang is a General/0Day torrent tracker – you should be able to find music releases, TV shows, movies games, cartoons and all other popular scene and P2P releases around here. As mentioned earlier, UG is usually among the first few torrent sites on the web to index uploads by Russian P2P groups such as ELEKTRIKA. Bulk of the indexed uploads are movies – they come in all sorts of popular formats such as HDRips, BRRips, BDRips and even Satellite television rips (SATRip). Torrents are well seeded and download speeds are great – popular releases usually have 200+ seeders uploading back. Screenshot below captures some of the torrents indexed on this tracker (note that release group name is absent on torrent title):
UnionGang interface is in Russian language and this might be a turn off for some English speaking users. However, you can easily translate the entire site to English using Google Chrome browser.
How to translate UnionGang to English with Google Chrome
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome browser from here.
- Visit TTG forum homepage through this link: http://www.uniongang.tv
- Once the page is done loading, Google Chrome will automatically display several translation options (the message will be displayed just beneath the address bar – you can’t miss it).
- Choose the auto detected settings (should be Russian to English) and hit translate. If you get the message ‘Translation failed due to server error’ keep re-trying.
- Once translation of the first page is done, you can configure Google Chrome so that it automatically translates all UnionGang pages without prompting you. Select the ‘Options’ button (in the translation help popup) and select ‘Always translate Russian to English’ from the drop down menu.
Registrations for UnionGang are currently open. You can sign up for an account and browse the torrent index using links below:
If you liked this tracker you may also like