Long time readers of FILEnetworks Blog as well as most private tracker enthusiasts should be familiar with Torrent-Damage (TD)tracker. It’s an excellent private General/0Day BitTorrent site which’s been online for more than 4 years. Being a private tracker, Torrent Damage is usually closed for public signups. Since the launch of TDV2, their invites system too had been disabled. Here is some good news for those of you who are willing to get into this tracker –TD invites system is back up and invites have been given to every existing member above ‘Power User’ class.
Note that Torrent-Damage no longer has the boring old layout they used to have about an year ago. Lots of improvements were made to both the tracker and the site during the launch of TDV2 – this included a major user interface overhaul. The site now runs on a new source which is lightning fast, user friendly and full of features. Another recent new addition to TD is the ‘Special Packs’ feature. These are exclusive packs containing movies and music chosen by TD uploaders, Staff and FLS personnel. Torrent Damage currently tracks close to 9500 active torrents and has a user base in excess of 40000 members.
Coming back to the invites topic, it seems that a beta version of the invites system is now online. Several existing user classes have been given free invites (these were in fact given about a week ago):
- Power Users – 2 invites
- VIP – 4 invites
- Uploaders – 5 Invites
If you want a TD invite, the best place to look would be the TD invites IRC channel. It’s quite easy to obtain an invite if you follow the instructions:
- Join the Torrent-Damage invites IRC channel. Note that the invites channel is only accessible via the web based IRC client Mibbit (mIRC does not work unless you are TD staff or uploader).
Go to http://mibbit.com/chat/ and enter the following details there:
Server: irc.torrent-damage.net (click on the ‘server’ link to enter server name) EDIT: If you are unable to connect, try falcon.torrent-damage.net server
Channel : #td-invite
Nick: A nickname of your choice
- Once on the IRC channel, type !invite to get step by step instructions you need to follow in order to get invited.
In case you are wondering, the instructions you’ll get by invoking the !invite command are given below:
1) Take a speedtest from http://www.speedtest.net and LINK us the result (Share your results, Direct Link (third link at the bottom))
2) Make a screenshot of your ratio on any other site OR utorrent/vuze stats
3) Make the ratio screenshot available on an imaging host (eg: tinypic)
4) Announce your screenshots/links to this channel
5) Wait patiently and see if somebody would be kind enough to invite you
TD staff are nice folks – don’t piss them off by spamming the channel or by sending PMs without permission. Follow the instructions and you should easily get into this great tracker. Good Luck!