As we said earlier, Mozilla was hoping to grab the Guinness world record for most number of software downloads in a day, through the release of Firefox 3. The download day came to an end just a few hours earlier, and the statistics are mind blowing.
- Total number of FireFox 3 downloads (at the end of download day): 8.3 million
- Total amount of data downloaded from Mozilla servers (at the end of download day): 83 Terabytes (TB)
- Number of downloads per second (in download day): 283
- Total number of FireFox 3 downloads (at time of post): 9276235 (roughly 9.2 million)
- Number of downloads per minute (at time of post): 2677
8.3 million downloads in a single day! Mozilla initially hoped for 5 million downloads to set the world record. It looks as if they accomplished their goals with ease.
You can view the real time download counter from this link.
P.S.- Type about:robots in your address bar (or is it the smart location bar? ) and press enter for a FF3 Easter egg.