Experience all of the passion and excitement of the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France as you challenge the best teams and players ever assembled for global supremacy. A nation’s destiny is in your hands when you take control of one of the officially licensed national teams in EA SPORTS Rugby 08 and power your way through a gruelling World Cup campaign for the sports’ ultimate prize – the glorious Webb Ellis Cup.
Image: Playstation 2 DVD cover of EA Rugby 08. The version featured in this post is for the PC.
- Own the World: Power your way through a grueling six-week campaign during Rugby World Cup 2007 in France. Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user-friendly, in-game information hub.
- Authentic Defensive Formations: Now you can emulate the style of your favorite team with Authentic Defensive Formations. Adjust your defense on the fly to keep momentum on your side. Counter your opponent’s attacking style by changing your defensive strategy based on score, field position, and more.
- Rugby World Cup Challenge: Replay over 30 classic moments in Rugby World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive Rugby World Cup highlight videos.
- All New Set Pieces –Take full command over every scrum and maul with enhanced push and rotation controls. Make lineout throw-ins look easy with a simplified pick-up-and-play control system for the novice player, or master the advanced mechanics to enhance your game strategy for the real pro.
- New Kicking Mechanic: Use the new kicking meter to master your drop kicks and score those key penalties and converts.
- Windows 2000/XP
- 1GHz Processor
- 256MB Ram
- 1.2 GB Hard Drive Space
- CD / DVD Drive
- 32 MB Graphics Card*
- DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card
- DriectX Version 9.0c (included)
- Keyboard, Mouse or USB Gamepad
*Supported cards: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX or greater; ATI Radeon 7500 or greater, Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but not supported.
Read comments for more information.