AutoPatcher, an alternative to Microsoft's Windows Update developed by Antonis Kaladis, is a comprehensive collection of up-to-date security patches, addons and registry tweaks collated into a single package designed to update a Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Windows Vista systems from a local file, without the need to use Windows Update or connect to a network each time.
AutoPatcher is designed for:
- Users that format or reinstall their hard disks frequently
- System administrators seeking to quickly deploy updates to multiple Windows PCs
- Security conscious users seeking to avoid prior connection to the Internet with an insecure computer, in order to download the patches needed to secure their systems.
- Users seeking flexibility in patch deployment (AutoPatcher includes for convenience, a number of common "add-ons", and allows for a configuration to be saved and redeployed on other machines)
Autopatcher comes in 3 flavors; Full (Core), Lite and Update. Full has all the components and Lite only has critical patches. Update version is a reduced size installer used to update a full version with latest updates. To use an Update version, Full (Core) version must be installed.
We recommend you not to install the "Widows Genuine Advantage" component from the list of updates. Simply un tick it and continue install. WGA is crap.
You can download the followign releases from Official AutoPatcher forums. Make sure you download the English version (or the version that matches with your Windows)
- AutoPatcher for Windows 2000 SP4 - May 2007 Core | June 2007 Update
- AutoPatcher for Windows XP SP2 (32-bit) - May 2007 Core | June 2007 Update
- AutoPatcher for Windows Server 2003 SP1/R2/SP2 (32-bit) - May 2007 Core | June 2007 Update
- AutoPatcher for Windows XP/Server-2003 (64-bit) - June 2007 Core
- AutoPatcher for Windows Vista - June 2007 Core