After a two-year break for the series, Codemasters Studios designers have created a reinvigorated McRae experience. The new Colin McRae title goes beyond the series' point-to-point rallying to deliver the most diverse selection of extreme off-road competitions. Sensational gravel, mud and dirt racing events from the world over include perilous Hill Climb and collision-packed Rally Cross events. International rallying competitions are also featured, with official cars on tracks based on real roads and locations around the globe. The title also expands on beat-the-clock racing and includes events with multiple cars on track to satisfy anyone who wants to push their on-the-edge driving just that bit further.
- Real racing with real consequences. Stay in control or watch as your car dramatically crashes into a barrier and barrel-rolls, crushing every panel and spewing debris across the track.
- A wide variety of off-road and rallying disciplines to experience: Rally, Hill Climb, Rally RAID, Rally Cross, the CORR desert series, and more.
- Photorealistic tracks painstakingly recreated from real-world location photography and satellite data.
- Incredibly detailed models of 46 licensed vehicles bring the action to life.
- Online play that allows 100 players to compete against one another.
Good gameplay come at a cost. It's a next generation game and it'll make your system cry if you hardware is out of date.
- Windows XP
- DirectX 9.0c
- Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz or Athlon 64 3000+
- 1GB RAM.
- Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1300 or above (Shader Model 3.0 is a MINIMUM requirement)
- DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Read comments for more information.