Movie fans amongst you would surely have heard of CN. CN was a notable torrent tracker best known for its large movie repository and the unique mafia themed look and feel. Despite successfully being online for more than two years, the site went down in December 2010 much to the disappointment of its loyal members. However, all was not lost – as we reported back in January 2011, CN was resurrected, this time under a different identity; The Black Hand (TBH). Existing CN members were given a chance to recover their accounts and invite applications were open for a brief period back then for potential new users to get in. Since then, CN has been pretty much a closed community. If you missed getting into this movie tracker last time, here’s some good news. CN staff have opened signups as well as invite applications for a limited time, and needless to say now is a very good time to create an account there.
Back when it went down, CN tracked around 12500 movie torrents of all qualities and sizes. TBH however had to rebuild its torrent index from scratch. During the past 3 months, they’ve done a pretty good job at it too – the site now tracks over 4500 torrents, some of which are HD releases. As for the mafia themed features which made CN so popular, you’d be glad to know that they’ve all returned to TBH. Listed below are some of the notable highlights currently implemented on The Black Hand:
- Mafia theme integrated throughout the site and its features.
- Permanent seeding feature – commit to seeding a torrent for 30, 60 or 90 days and reap the rewards.
- Mafia operations – pick a particular mafia operation (gambling, prostitution, drugs or smuggling) to venture into and gain bonuses related to your chosen path.
- Mafia cash – earned simply by seeding, and earned at a greatly increased rate through permanent seeding.
- Mafia weapons – purchase various weapons and mafia crew members to help advance to higher user classes.
- Mafia Lifestyle items – purchase all the luxury lifestyle items just like Don Corleone!
- TBH internal encoding group – SD/x264 and 720p encoders by our experienced team, these releases are all freeleech with and 2x upload counted.
- Unique torrent browse page – see all the pertinent information regarding a film as well as its poster/cover all on the browse page.
- Unique torrent description page – complete with movie description, cast, trailer, imdb ratings, directors, writers, and running time.
- All HD torrents are half-leech all the time
- Announce shop where you can purchase everything from upload credit right through to 48 hours of triple upload with freeleech for yourself.
- Mafia themed user class system with activity required in all areas of the site required for advancement – this promotion system encourages users to be involved in all areas of the site and helps keep TBH a tight-knit community.
Even more new and unique features are to be introduced with the upcoming THB v2.0 launch. Speaking of performance, TBH just recently moved to a new host in a new country and now runs on a more powerful server. Recent slowness issues that plagued the site should now be gone for good.
The screenshot above shows some of the torrents found on TBH. Just like back in CN days, both HD and non HD releases are indexed here, including 720p/1080p video, BRRip releases, BDRips, DVDR releases and standard XViD encodes. Both scene and P2P uploads are tracked, including releases by internal TBH group.
How to get into The Black Hand
In case you still aren’t a member of TBH and want to get in, now would be a good time to do so - Registrations will be open for a limited time and this is TBH’s first proper open signup. Readers who miss the open signup window may still be able to get in through the online invite applications (which will be online once signups close).
- Site Name: The Black Hand (http://theblackhand.me)
- Signup URL: http://theblackhand.me/opensignup.php – will only work until 6AM GMT on 12 May 2011 – if signups are closed, try applying through the invite applications link below.
- Invite Application URL: http://theblackhand.me/applyforinvite.php (will be open for a week)
Special thanks to paradox8 and rest of TBH staff for the excellent support given.