WinRAR is a general purpose archiving and compression program competing with/replacing programs such as PKZip, ARJ, and others. It offers significantly improved compression ratios, easier use and a cheaper price as well as supporting long file names, disk spanning, and self-extracting file creation.
- Complete support for RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7z and Z archives. Future versions of WinRAR are planned to include 7z creation.
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, even allowing reconstruction of damaged archives.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- Optional archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 128-bit key.
Read comments for more information.