Once again, we bring you news of another much anticipated PC game release just hours after scene group RELOADED whacked its copy protection.
Gears of War blends tactical action with survival horror and thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. Lead war hero Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they face the onslaught of merciless warrior fiends. A revolutionary tactical combat system and breathtaking, high-definition visuals from the Unreal Engine 3 immerse you in a horrifying story of war and survival. A.I. teammates are indiscernable from human players. Voice recognition and real-time lip synching heighten the experience. The battlefield is a lethal place. To survive, suppress your enemy with blindfire, take cover in interactive environments, or use weapons and teammates to outwit your foes.
Image: DVD cover of Gears of War for the XBO360 console. Version featured in this post is for the PC.
- Engaging and disturbing cinematic story. Movie-like cut scenes, cinematic camera moves and in-game storytelling bring the brutal, emotionally charged narrative to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they pit advanced technology against the overwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.
- Unmatched online gaming. Gears of War will tap into the power of Games for Windows - LIVE to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable gamers around the world to connect via their PCs, allowing players to experience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earn player Achievements, customize games and create personalized profiles.
- New Game Editor. The game will also feature the all-new Game Editor, guaranteeing new user-generated content in the future. The Gears of War community will be able to tap its endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created levels through complete access to the Unreal Editor. Using the new engine, players can now import custom artwork into the engine, create particle systems, scripted encounters, cinematics and more.
- Astounding visuals in next-generation gaming. Gears of War ushers in the next generation with incredible visuals, pushing DirectX 10 visual designs and bringing out the smallest details in the largest battle. Gamers experience a rich, dynamic world with a supreme level of detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality and a physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reacting intelligently to events unfolding around them.
- Hyper-realistic and intense combat. In Gears of War the battlefield is a lethal place - to foolishly stand out in the open is to invite an untimely demise. To survive, gamers must employ strategy, take cover using the interactive and dynamic environments, and suppress the enemy with blind fire, using their weapons and teammates to outwit and outfight their terrifying enemies.
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD
- RAM 1 GB
- Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space
- Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+
Read comments for more information.