War rages on in the fourth edition of Activisions acclaimed war
game. For the first time in the series, Call of Duty moves away
from WWII to the modern battlefield. Armed with an arsenal of
advanced and powerful modern day firepower, players are
transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take
on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a U.S
Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding
story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated
technology, superior firepower and coordinated land and air
strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy and communication
are essential to victory. The epic title also delivers an added
depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new
community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay.
- D-Day on the Modern Battlefield: Watch as your armada of helicopters charges over the rooftops of a bombed-out urban hell, while ground fire and RPGs streak past the open door of your helicopter. Fast-rope down to the streets through a cyclone of choking sand and dust with your Marine platoon and engage the enemy in unrelenting battle.
- High Speed Tactics: Experience intense close-quarters urban combat in the way that only Call of Duty can deliver. Supported by you well-trained squad, rappel down the walls of enemy strongholds, blast out the locks with your shotgun, and then clear the rooms using tear gas grenades, flashbangs, and silenced MP-5 submachine guns.
- Cutting Edge Modern Arsenal: With the help of actual Marines and SAS operatives, all the weapons in Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare have been painstakingly researched and replicated in game, bringing to life the ultimate war experience.
- Global War: Take the fight to the enemy in an epic war across the Middle East, board and storm ships in the North Atlantic, engage in heavy urban combat through the streets of Eastern Europe, and assault terrorist cells in London.
- Next-Generation Multiplayer: Physically alter the environment to your strategic advantage. Open up new flanking routes by blowing through walls and doors. Knock down bridges, close off roads, and blast buildings into rubble. Move furniture and vehicles to block doors and seal up windows with chicken wire to repel enemy grenades.
- OS: XP or Vista
- Processor: 2.6ghz Pentium IV or equivalent (3.2ghz recommended for Vista)
- RAM: 1024mb (1536mb recommended for Vista)
- Video Card: DirectX 9-compliant Shader 3.0 card with 128 MB of DDR Video Memory (256 MB recommended) AGP 8x or PCI-Express x16
- Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 9-compliant sound card
- DirectX9 for XP and 10 for Vista, 8 gigs HD space + 600mb for swap file.
Read comments for more information.