WindowBlinds is a one-of-a-kind utility that allows Windows users to completely change the look and feel of the Windows interface by applying a new skin. There are thousands of different skins to choose from that are freely downloadable from the WindowBlinds website. A WindowBlinds skin can change Windows to look like an alternative operating system, favorite sports car brands, favorite sports team, or virtually anything else. With modern video cards, WindowBlinds can do this without reducing performance. WindowBlinds 6 adds the ability to have “blurred glass” window borders on Windows XP which allows artists to make skins that could make Windows XP look virtually identical to Windows Vista.
New in version 6:
- New start menu animation support
- Category filtering on skins in wbconfig
- Tag filtering on wallpapers in wbconfig
- Random skin support
- The ability to save a re-coloring of a skin as a preset
- Advanced HSL re-coloring where you pick a single color and a range in a skin and you can just change that color instead of the entire skin
- Ability to edit the system colors from wbconfig
- Ability to change skin fonts from wbconfig
- Ability to control transparency and blur on start menu, menus, taskbar & window frames. Has some limitations on XP
- Ability to save such changes as a preset
- Vista-Ize me function which sets some defaults to have a more vista like look
- Ability to skin the sidebar
- Ability to edit a sidebar skin from within wbconfig
- Improved WB skin install when handling upgrades of skins
- Ability to alter the mouse over animation speed
- Ability to alter the default button pulsing speed
- Support for explorer background bitmaps
- Ability to use the Aero frames with the rest of the skin
- Blur support in title bars (and menus on vista)
- Lots of new sections for new Vista specific parts
- Including IE navigation arrows, IE tabs, start menu shutdown/lock buttons
- Skins virtually every aspect of the Windows GUI
- Clean and easy configuration dialog.
- Tons of configuration options for users
- Animation supported on titlebars, buttons, and many other elements.
- Change the color of any visual style on the fly
- Per-application visual styles
- Doesn't alter any system files
- Safe, reliable way to change the look and feel of Windows
Read comments for more information.