Ever since the very beginning in the year 2000, the BS.Player™ has been one of the world’s most popular video player. It is popular for many reasons, one however should be pointed out: BS.Player™ is the first movie player ever to enable its users to focus on watching the movie instead of dealing with poor computer capabilities or running around looking for a proper setting and codec. Also, it has very low CPU and RAM requirements.
- Display subtitles - Support custom subtitles position, color, font, transparency,... Supported formats: MicroDVD, SubViewer, SubRip. The subtitles only appear on the computer monitor. Not on the television set hooked to the computer.
- Fully skinnable - Any shape, transparent skins...
- Resizable and borderless movie window
- Drag-and-drop support
- Command line support
- Pan-scan and custom pan-scan option
- Custom aspect ratios
- Playlist support
- Resolution changing
- Frame capture
- AVI files with more than 2 audio streams supported (multilanguage)
- Support for OGM files, including more than 2 audio/video tracks, supports embedded subtitles/chapters
- External audio file supported
- External chapter file supported
- S/PDIF output supported for AC3 files (with Intervideo audio decoder)
- INI files
- Remote control support via WinLIRC
- Simple equalizer (DirectX 8 required)
- Playback rate (½×, 1×, 2×) and custom speed
- 3rd-party plugins
- Customizable Equalizer
- Support for Capture and Tuner devices (and Teletext support)
- Capture Video from capture device to file
- Integrated subtitle editor
- Network file buffering
- Support for Flash playback
- Improved subtitles
- Improved VMR9 support
- Sackmann PUT0 isn't supported
- Technical e-mail support
- DVD support (MPEG-2 codecs required)
Note: BS.Player freeware version came bundled with WhenU Spyware. However the Pro version which is featured in this post is a premium version which is completely free of spyware and any other threat so you need not worry.
Read comments for more information.