From old school copy protection-pwning scene group Fairlight (FLT) comes yet another popular PC game release. We've got only one comment about the game; If you are a RTS fan, it's a must play.
World in Conflict presents a chillingly authentic Cold War scenario created by best-selling author Larry Bond -- the year is 1989, and the Soviets, fearing certain collapse, boldly attack Europe. NATO responds in force only to be met on a second front -- a full-fledged invasion of the American homeland. Players take on the role of field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.
- Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics – The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360 degree range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects
- Complete Destructibility – As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price — every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests
- Deep Multiplayer Modes: Using Massive’s proprietary Massgate multiplayer server system, World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles
- Real World Units: Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons
- Player Roles – Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness
- O/S: Windows® XP, Vista operating system (32-bit)
- CPU Single-core: 2.5 Ghz or faster (2.8 GHz for Windows Vista)
- CPU Dual-core: Any Intel® or AMD®
- RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB for Windows Vista)
- Hard Drive: 2.0 GB available hard drive space
- Video: 128 MB video RAM, DirectX® 9.0c compatible (GeForce® 4 MX, Radeon® 8500, 9200 not supported)
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
- Input: Keyboard and mouse
- Internet connection: Cable/DSL
Read comments for more information.