Like we said in the previous post, you'll need the main game to play this expansion. It's a fairly large (4.31GB) download for an expansion pack but with the huge new content you get, it's well worth it.
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms is the official expansion to Medieval II: Total War, presenting players with all-new territories to explore, troops to command, and enemies to conquer. Kingdoms features four new entire campaigns centered on expanded maps of the British Isles, Teutonic Northern Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. All-new factions from the New World are also now fully playable, including the Aztecs, Apaches, and Mayans.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Celeron 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 of equivalent AMD processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1.0 GB recommended)
- 12.0 GB free hard disk space
- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card with latest drivers
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- 128 MB hardware accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible. (256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 7300, ATI Radeon X1600, or greater recommended)
- Internet connection required for multiplayer
- 1024×768 display resolution
- More than 75 hours of epic new gameplay.
- Four huge new campaigns: Britannia, The Crusades, The Teutonic Wars and The Americas.
- 13 new playable factions, including Aztec and Native American factions.
- Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Flamethrower.
- The New World
- Follow in the steps of Hernán Cortés and explore a vastly expanded New World map.
- Open up a wide array of new regions in the Americas, plus four brand new factions and a cast of new agent characters.
- Experience unprecedented detail, including 30 regions of Britain and a region map of Teutonic Europe.
- Control multiple armies in battle - command reinforcement armies.
- New hero characters feature powerful battlefield abilities. Encounter a huge roster of new historical characters and events.
- Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points.
- New technology trees influenced by religion and prestige.
- Take on all-new mission types.
- Six new multiplayer scenarios and 20 new custom battle maps.
- Two players can now share a campaign with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode.
Read comments for more information.