ISS BlackICE PC Protection 3.6

Posted by TEAM FILEnetworks | 8/24/2007 | | 11 Comments »

Internet Security Systems BlackICE is known world-wide to be a leader in PC and Server protection. The software teams a personal firewall with an advanced intrusion detection system to constantly watch your Internet connection for suspicious behavior. BlackICE responds immediately by alerting you to trouble and instantly blocking the threat.

 
BlackICE PC Protection now features Application Protection, an exciting new feature designed to shield your PCs, laptops and workstations from hijack by an attacker, and protects you from Trojan horse applications, worms and other destructive threats.

Program Features:

  • Professional-strength protection from hackers for your home PC.
  • An advanced Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Plus a Firewall
  • Easy installation and out-of-the-box protection means you're instantly protected.

Read comments for more information.


11 Comments

  1. Unknown // 8/24/2007 06:13:00 PM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. Thiru Cumaran // 8/24/2007 09:39:00 PM  

    Would I be better off keeping my Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition or using this??

  3. Lightning_Struck_Tower // 8/24/2007 11:06:00 PM  

    Thirucumaran,
    This is not an Anti- Virus but rather an Intrusion Prevention/Firewall solution. It's better to keep Symantec in this case.

  4. දිමුතු // 8/25/2007 11:38:00 AM  

    Is this better than the windows XP built-in firewall?

  5. TFN_SL // 8/25/2007 11:40:00 AM  

    dimu:
    Hell yes.

  6. Unknown // 8/25/2007 02:15:00 PM  

    Is this better than Sygate?

  7. Kun // 8/25/2007 08:22:00 PM  

    Hey,It damaged my XP.I don't know whether it's my pc error or done by this program But it came soon after install BlackICE.

    When my pc starts,message display saying microsoft windows error.And restarts when i start the BlackICE engine.I run it on top of NIS 2007.

    Anyway be carefull.

  8. TFN_SL // 8/25/2007 09:31:00 PM  

    kun:
    "I run it on top of NIS 2007"

    NIS 2007 has a lot of incompatibilities with other security software. Plus it has a firewall. If you have any firewall/IPS installed you should un-install it first (expect Windows firewall) before you install BlackICE. Anyway this Release works fine. We tested it before making the post.

    frank:
    It all depends on your usage. Just read some reviews online and choose the one which most suits your need.

  9. Kun // 8/25/2007 11:08:00 PM  

    Thanks FILEnetworks_Artillery.I think some other hidden problem rise after install BlackICE in my PC.

    Thanks for testing before post.

  10. lordryoko // 9/06/2007 09:02:00 PM  

    First of all I would like to say thanks to the people here at Filenetworks, this is an awesome site. BlackICE works real good, a little too good heh. It really shows how the firewall that comes with windows doesn't even come close. A good comparison would be BlacICE- suit of armor, Windows Firewall- paper shield. I am not kidding, this really works well.

  11. Selena patterson // 9/26/2019 09:08:00 AM  

    I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which not enough people are speaking intelligently about.

    I'm very happy that I came across this during my hunt for something relating to this.

    Spinity
    Bet City