GoldWave is is a top rated, a comprehensive digital audio editor. GoldWave is ideal for people who work with audio for CD editing, archive restoration, speech analysis, radio and TV, Java and Web pages, games, or just for fun. You can use it to make everything from elaborate answering machine messages to professional, high quality CD audio content.
GoldWave can do:
- Play, edit, mix, and analyze audio
- Record audio from cassettes, vinyl records, radio, etc. through your computer's line-in
- Record dictation through a microphone or play dictation back at a slower speed for transcription
- Record and edit audio for podcasting
- Apply special effects, such as fade, equalizer, doppler, mechanize, echo, reverse, flanger, and more
- Digitally remaster and restore old recordings with noise reduction and pop/click filters
- Make perfect digital copies of audio CD tracks using the CD Reader tool and save them in wma, mp3, ogg files
- Edit music for dance programs, figure skating, gymnastics
- Analyze human speech, bird song, whale song
- Demonstrate digital signal processing with filter effects and the expression evaluator tool
- View a variety of real-time visuals and VU meters
- Convert files to/from different formats, such as wav, wma, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox and even raw binary data
Read comments for more information.