By now, each and every regular reader of this blog are likely to be a proud member of TorrentLeech (TL) tracker. But for those who don’t know what it is, TorrentLeech is the de facto king of private BitTorrent trackers. This 7+ year old file sharing community boasts a nearly 50000 strong torrent index, excellent download speeds and a very active user base comprised of hard core BitTorrent users. Now, TL is a private community with registrations usually closed to new members. However, getting invited in is actually pretty easy. Did you know that TL now has in place a fully automated IRC invite bot that serves free invites instantly? All you have to do is to log into their public invites IRC channel and type in your E-mail address. If you are too lazy to set up IRC connectivity, TL now allows you to connect to the chatroom through the browser itself.
Although it is now easy for even a beginner to get into TL, keeping the account without getting banned is a different story. You have to adhere to ratio rules if you are to survive there. It is strongly recommended that you read TL rules and FAQ before going on a downloading spree. The TorrentLeech Wiki has all the info and guides you’ll ever need. You can access it from here - http://wiki.torrentleech.org/doku.php. More information about the TL tracker including screenshots can be found here.
How To Get A Free TorrentLeech Invite
- Visit http://torrentleech.org/user/chat/guest.
- Enter a user name – This is just to join the chat room. This will not be your TL account user name. Click the ‘chat’ button once you are done.
- If you are using Google Chrome and get a ‘out of date plugin’ warning, try clicking on the ‘Run this time’ button below the address bar. In most cases this should work. If it does not, you’ll have to download and install the Java plugin from here.
- You will get a Java security warning. Press ‘Run’ to load the java based chat window within the browser.
- You will automatically connect to TLs’ public invite request channel. Do not spam this channel. Do not say “hi”, “hello”, “can I haz invite plz” or anything else. Just type a valid E-mail address of yours and hit enter. You will immediately be disconnected from the channel. A TL invite will be sent to the E-mail address you just entered (the invite usually arrives from mailer[at]torrentleech[dot]org). Follow the instructions on the invite E-mail to complete the signup process.
Regular readers of the blog might find the content of this article a bit redundant. That’s because we have already in the past posted numerous articles on how to get into TL. However, if you have less BitTorrent savvy friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc, share this post with them so that they can be a part of this wonderful tracker as well.
Note - If you are thinking of copy/pasting this article somewhere else (let it be on a external forum or a blog), please do us a favor and link to this original article instead of reposting the entire content elsewhere. We are rebuilding site traffic and search rankings and it would help us greatly if our content is not duplicated elsewhere. Thanks for understanding.