It’s always big news when a well respected private torrent tracker opens signups. If you were looking to be part of a decent General/0Day torrent tracker, here’s a great opportunity; SuperTorrents (ST) is now accepting new members. After being closed for the last 5 months or so, ST has opened the floodgates welcoming in some new blood to the tracker. Although previous open signups on this site were usually limited to 24 hours, it looks like the current open registration period will last longer. According to a news post on SuperTorrents, open signups would continue until the site reaches 25000 users – this means around 10000 new members will be recruited in the current phase. For those hearing about this tracker for the first time, ST tracks over 50000 torrents pointing to scene and non scene released movies, games, TV shows, books and a ton of music content including albums, singles and music videos (this is largely thanks to the recent merger with STM).
Full new post announcing open signups and few of the ongoing promotions on ST is quoted below:
- Open Signups have been enabled until we reach 25,000 users!
- Ersan is returning to work on the website full time, expect some serious new features and changes!
- Once the donation goal is reached, we will be purchasing new servers which will intelligently seed dying torrents through some smart scripting. Put simply this will make dead torrents on the site a thing of the past. No torrents will ever die.
- In the coming month we will be making serious efforts to speed up our pre-times to be more competitive.
- We will be increasing our worldwide presence and improving our connectivity to users outside of the US
- Donor Immunity is a new feature where donations of $40 and greater will grant you immunity from bans for 1 month, and a subscription will make you permanently immune. This immunity applies to bans for poor ratio and spans the duration of your subscription. The goal of this is detailed below.
- Double Donations are enabled for an indefinite amount of time.
The upcoming features (improved pre times and automatic seeding on dying torrents in particular) are indeed interesting but the truth is ST already is a pretty well established private tracker with a user friendly interface. Some of the planned ST v2.0 usability enhancements have already been rolled out and its current codebase seem to be well optimized and stable. As for statistics, SuperTorrents tracked over 63000 torrents ( 52000 active, with 21400 in general section and a further 30700 in the music section) and had a registered user base of 15600 members as of 8/4/2011.
As we mentioned earlier, SuperTorrents is primarily a General/0Day tracker with movies, games, TV shows, E-books and the other usual stuff you’d expect to find on a general torrent site. However, with the large number of music torrents moved from STMusic, ST also acts as an alternative to a music tracker. The site now has dual torrent browse pages, one for general content and the other purely for music releases. Music section has a different set of categories and even searching by genre is possible. Another fact that’s worth pointing out is that ST has a lot of exclusive packs. Over 1000 torrents are listed under the site’s four official packs categories (Movies|HD Packs, Movies|Packs, TV|HD Packs and TV|Packs) – some of these can be seen on the screenshot above.
Coming back to open signups, registrations are currently open and you no longer need to provide an invite code to create an account. There are around 10000 free slots remaining so get in while you still can.
Site Name: SuperTorrents (www.supertorrents.org)
Signup URL: http://supertorrents.org/signup.php
Special thanks to ‘Trade’ who mentioned it in the previous thread.